Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton Announce COVID-19 Safety Protocols for September Yearling Sales
Officials from Keeneland Association and Fasig-Tipton Company Inc. today announced COVID-19 safety protocols for participants attending the upcoming September yearling sales on Sept. 9-10 at Fasig-Tipton and Sept. 13-25 at Keeneland.
“Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton are committed to providing the safest environment possible for both horses and humans on our grounds during the September sales,” Keeneland President and CEO Bill Thomason and Fasig-Tipton President Boyd T. Browning Jr. said in a joint statement. “Given the proximity of our two sales in terms of both dates and locations, it is important that we provide consistent protocols for the convenience of our participants.”
The following COVID-19 safety protocols, developed in collaboration with local and state health officials, will apply to all sales participants at Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton:
- All consignors and their staffs, veterinarians and their staffs, farriers, van counter representatives, media and any other person who will be interfacing with the public on a daily basis are required to receive a negative COVID-19 test within 10 days of entry to the grounds. Health and government officials have advised that this concentration of individuals creates the highest risk associated with conducting the sale, and both sales companies are working to mitigate that risk.
- For the convenience of our participants, COVID-19 testing will be available at the following locations beginning Aug 24. Testing windows are as follows:
- Aug. 24-25
- Sept. 3-5
- Aug. 24-25
- Aug. 31, Sept. 1-2
- Sept. 11-12
- If a participant is not available for the testing during the above windows, please contact Keeneland or Fasig-Tipton, and we will work to make testing available.
- COVID-19 tests do not have to be taken at Keeneland or Fasig-Tipton, however proof of a negative test must be provided within 10 days of entry to the grounds. Keeneland will accept a negative COVID-19 test result taken prior to the Fasig-Tipton sale.
- Buyers are not required to be tested but must complete a health questionnaire prior to the sale. Testing will be available to buyers if requested. A window may not be available to all buyers upon arrival.
- All sales participants must pre-register online. More information on this registration process will be communicated in the coming days.
- Daily screenings, including temperature checks and health questions, are required for everyone accessing the grounds.
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required throughout the grounds.
- Capacity will be limited in the sales pavilions, including the sales arena, and throughout the grounds.
Neither September sale is open to the public. Attendance will be limited to credentialed sales participants.
For more information and updates on safety protocols, please visit Keeneland.com/September and Fasigtipton.com.
# # #
For more information, contact Keeneland (859 361-3490) or Fasig-Tipton (859 255-1555)